• Do I have to pick up my bib and packet on Saturday?
Yes, with photo ID unless you have purchased the VIP pickup option.
• What are packet pickup hours?
9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday, May 19th 2012.
• Is race day registration available?
• Is Saturday registration available?
Yes, at the expo from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Saturday May 19th. CASH OR CHECK ONLY.
• I have never done a triathlon before, is this race appropriate for a first time competitor?
Yes, we always have a wide variety of athletes participating in the Encinitas Sports Festival, including first time triathletes and duathletes.
• Are friends or family members permitted to pick up my athlete packet if they bring the signed waivers and a copy of my ID?
Unfortunately no, it’s a liability for us and there’s no way around it, you must pick-up your packet in person with your own ID. The only exception to this are athletes who have arranged for VIP packet pick-up, minors who may have a parent or legal guardian pick up their packet for them. In the case of relay teams only one member needs to be present, provided they bring a complete set of signed waivers from each team member.
• Can I have someone else register for me at Saturday expo registration?
Again no, athletes planning on registering race weekend must do so in person.
• Are friends and family permitted in the transition area?
No, only registered athletes may enter the transition area on race day.
• Do I need a wetsuit?
Wetsuits are optional, but highly suggested. If you are looking to rent one, we suggest contacting your local tri shop or www.wetsuitrentals.com.
• If I cannot stay for the awards ceremony, do I still get my award?
Yes, if you placed overall or in your age group, your award will be mailed to you the following week.
• Where do I send Lost & Found inquiries?
If you lost something during the race, please send inquires to Triathlon@EncinitasRace.com
• Can I sign up for the VIP option if I have already registered?
Yes, you can do it by mail or fax. See the registration page to download the faxable form.
• Do all finishers get a medal?
• Do all relay members get a medal?
• Can I start in the same wave as my friend/partner/training partner etc.?
Yes, when you come to pickup your packet on Saturday stop by the timing company table (just look for the sign) and they will adjust your starting wave.
• Can I wear an mp3 player during the race?
No, for safety reasons they are not permitted on the course.
Remember to stop by and watch the athlete video that will be playing all day during Saturday packet pickup hours.